You can’t get any easier than this recipe!
Perfect for the back yard BBQ or if you’re strapped for time and really want a quick, easy and tasty meal. Try barbecuing it on a wood charcoal hibachi, it gives that extra smokey flavour that goes well with this type of marinade. Pork is also a good substitute for chicken
There’s nothing much more to say about it!
Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Thigh
650gr Chicken Thigh
3 Stems of Lemongrass – outer husks removed, finely chopped
4 Garlic Cloves – finely chopped
5tblspn Oyster Sauce
1tblspn Peanut Oil
4 Stems of Spring Onions – finely sliced, place in ice water to curl
- Mix the lemongrass, garlic, oyster sauce and peanut oil together
- Place the chicken in the marinade and mix thoroughly. Allow to sit in marinade for at least 30 minutes, preferably over night
- Carefully oil the bars of the grill with an oily rag.
- Grill the chicken for at least 3 minutes on each side to get the colour and smoky flavour off the grill.
- Serve with spring onion curls