I could eat corn bread all day. Fresh baked straight from the oven with whipped butter, you could ask for nothing more.
This is easier than making bread. No resting time, no proving time, simply make the batter, place into tins and bake. The batter itself takes no longer than 5 minutes to put together, no skill required here, it’s like making pancake batter.
You can make these into little dinner roles by baking it into muffin tins for your next dinner party for something different. Bake a loaf for breakfast and spread jam on it, it would beat toast any day!
Makes 1 Large Loaf
½ Cup Sour Cream
½ Cup Cream
4 Large Eggs – lightly beaten
1 Cup Creamed Corn
½ Cup Polenta (in Australia)
1 ½ Cups Self Raising Flour
2Tblspn Castor Sugar
1 Cup Melted Butter
- Preheat heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, eggs, creamed corn, polenta, self raising flour and sugar until well incorporated
- Mix the melted butter through to make a thick batter
- Spray the baking tins with canola spray
- Pour the batter into the tin until it is 1cm from the edges
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm