Glazed Beef Ribs
1kg Beef Ribs, bone in
1 Bay Leaf
1 Cup Ketchup
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cinnamon Stick
5 Star Anise
¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
¼ Cup HP Sauce
½ Cup BBQ Sauce
2 Tblspn Tabasco Sauce
1 Cup Vinegar
- Fire up the Webber or turn your oven on at 180 degrees Celcius.
- Bring 4 litres of water to the boil, then simmer adding onion and bay leaf into the pot.
- Simmer the beef rib in the water for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender to the touch. Once achieved, place on baking tray
- With the basting liquid, place the brown sugar, vinegar, star anise and cinnamon into a sauce pan and simmer until reduced by half
- Add Worcestershire, Ketchup, HP sauce, BBQ sauce and Tabasco into the reduced vinegar solution.
- Simmer until the liquid is the consistency of honey.
- Baste the ribs with using a brush with the basting liquid. Place into a Webber and continue to cook for about 10 minutes then baste it some more. Continue until the meat is well lacquered and it is cooked so that it starts to come away from the bone.
If you’re a BBQ expert, try this on for size. This works well on the Webber or if you don’t have one, the oven will be ok. It’s sweet and tangy and the Webber adds that smoky flavour. This recipe also works well with pork ribs or pork belly.
Photo by Jun Pang